Indulge in the irresistible allure of crispy zucchini fries that turn tender and sweet in the air fryer. This delightful snack is a fantastic way to enjoy zucchini, with its natural sweetness enhanced by the air frying process. Paired with a tangy tomato-forward dipping sauce, these air-fried zucchini fries are guaranteed to be a hit. Snack it- a snack that’s full of flavor, texture, and pure satisfaction!
Total Time: 30 mins
Allure of zucchini fries
Halisi Cooking oil, 1 large zucchini (280g), 120g all-purpose flour, 2 eggs, lightly beaten, 2 tbsp water, 180g breadcrumbs, 80g canola mayonnaise, 2 tbsp unsalted tomato paste, 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Coat the air-fryer basket with Halisi cooking oil to prevent the zucchini fries from sticking.
- Cut the large zucchini into 24 (2-inch-long) wedges. This size ensures the perfect balance of tenderness and crunch.
- Set up three shallow dishes for the dredging process. In the first dish, place the all-purpose flour. In the second dish, combine the lightly beaten eggs and water. In the third dish, spread out the breadcrumbs.
- Bredging the zucchini wedges. Take each wedge and coat it first in the flour, ensuring it’s fully covered. Then dip it into the egg mixture, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, coat the wedge in the breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere the breadcrumbs to the zucchini. Shake off any excess breadcrumbs.
- Place half of the coated zucchini wedges in the prepared air-fryer basket. Ensure they are arranged in a single layer, without overcrowding.
- Coat the zucchini wedges with cooking oil to encourage a golden, crispy exterior.
- Set the air fryer to 360°F (180°C) and cook the zucchini fries for approximately 12 minutes. During cooking, turn the zucchini wedges once to ensure even browning and tenderness. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining zucchini wedges.
- While the zucchini fries cook, prepare the tantalizing dipping sauce. In a small bowl, combine the canola mayonnaise, unsalted tomato paste, red wine vinegar, kosher salt, and ground pepper. Whisk until smooth, ensuring all the flavors meld together beautifully.
- Once the zucchini fries are crispy and tender, serve them immediately, accompanied by the tomato-forward dipping sauce for an extra burst of tangy delight.
Ensure to coat the zucchini wedges with Halisi cooking oil to encourage a golden, crispy exterior. The more oil you add, the more brown and crispy the zucchini fries will get.
For an added twist, try experimenting with different seasonings or spices to coat the zucchini wedges before dredging them in the breadcrumbs. A sprinkle of garlic powder, smoked paprika, or grated Parmesan cheese can take these zucchini fries to the next level of flavor.