Creamy, buttery, and delicious, this is the best and creamiest mashed potatoes recipe you will ever find. It’s velvety, smooth, and melts in your mouth.
Total Time: 30 minutes
1.5 Kg potatoes (approximately 4-5 large potatoes), peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces, 120ml unsalted Lato butter , cut into 1-inch pieces, ¼ or 60ml cream cheese, 180ml half and half cream, 180ml cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces, 1 Tsp salt, ¼ Tsp ground black pepper, fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional, for garnish)
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water to cover potatoes by about an inch. Heat over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are soft when you insert a fork.
2. Drain potatoes and place back in the pot. Use a potato masher (or a fork) to mash the potatoes.
3. Add in the butter and cream cheese and use an electric hand mixer to mix until melted and incorporated into the potatoes.
4. Slowly add in the cream and continue to whisk with the electric mixer. Add salt and pepper.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish, garnish with parsley, extra butter and serve warm.
Tips from The Chef
To make these mashed potatoes, use lato butter. The creamy and delicious Lato Unsalted butter contains no preservatives and is produced in extremely hygienic conditions. It is utterly game-changing!
Be sure to coat the mashed potatoes with warm butter and cream. The dairy/fat helps to keep them well, and heat up nicely and creamy.