This dessert marries the delicate essence of lavender and the golden sweetness of honey – Lavender Honey Gelato. Every spoonful encapsulates the essence of lavender fields and the sweetness of golden honey, harmoniously united in a frozen masterpiece. Whether enjoyed on a leisurely afternoon or showcased as a creation of your culinary prowess, this gelato promises a symphony of tastes that linger long after the last spoonful.
500 ml Brookside whole milk, 250 ml heavy cream, 150 g granulated sugar, 3 Tbsp dried culinary lavender buds, 4 Tbsp high-quality honey, 4 large egg yolks and 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine milk and cream in a saucepan. Add dried lavender buds in an infuser or sachet. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, then steep for 10 minutes off the heat. Remove lavender.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale. Gradually whisk in lavender-infused mixture to temper eggs.
- Cook custard on medium-low heat, stirring until it coats the back of a spoon (nappé consistency).
- Strain custard and stir in honey until fully blended.
- Cool custard in an ice bath, cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours. Churn in an ice cream maker.
- Transfer churned gelato to a container, smoothing the top with a spatula. Place parchment paper on the surface before sealing.
- Freeze gelato for 4 hours. Serve scoops in glass bowls, drizzle with honey, and add a sprinkle of edible lavender or chopped pistachios.
Enhance the gelato’s visual appeal by presenting it in delicate, translucent glass bowls. A sprinkle of finely chopped pistachios or a whisper of edible gold flakes adds a touch of opulence and texture to the final presentation.