Wonder Basket with Chef Michael James as he talks to DISHY MAGAZINE Amayo Tasties.
- In your own words who is Chef Michael James?
I am a self-taught cook driven by passion ready to conquer the culinary world.
- What inspired you to get into food industry?
The love of food and how artistic it can be.
- What dish have you enjoyed preparing the most?
I am a big fan of preparing chicken and right now chicken and grilled rosemary would take the cup.
- Other than being a chef, what other activities do you participate in?
Singing is my form of therapy and right now I sing in a choir called the Shofars. We work in the prison ministry. Last we sang at the Thika prisons.
- Tell us a little bit of what Amayo Tasties is all about?
Amayo is in fact my name and Amayo Tasties was a brand created to help me get out of my comfort zone which previously was my white collar job that didn’t challenge me as much as I would have liked to be challenged. It started from a need that I discovered when my friends would come over just for the food I made. Amayo is therefore a brand that offers personalized chef services.
- What’s your favourite cheese based recipe?
Chicken Parmesan is my favourite at the moment.
- They say cheese on anything is a win, what do you consider your best pair?
We created a few cheese pairing options at Lava Latte but chicken avo melt is my favourite but you can also try the Maasai melt or the veggie melt for all the vegetarians out there.