Chapo x Ndengu Curry
PREP TIME : 30 Minutes
Serves : 3
500gm of Pre-Boiled Green Grams (Ndengu)
4 Large Tomatoes
1 Large Red Onion
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Large Green Pepper (Hoho)
1 Tablespoon of Tumeric Powder
1/2 Beef Knorr Cube (Chilli/Regular)
1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Black Pepper Cones.
1/4 Tablespoon of Salt
4 Tablespoons of Vegetable Cooking Oil
- Add chopped onions, Green Pepper & Vegetable Oil. I love the aroma from the green peppers.
- Once the Onion turns Golden Brown (Caramelized) Add the finely chopped garlic & stir consistently for 3 minutes until it browns.
- Add the crushed/finely chopped tomatoes. Followed by the Black Pepper, Knorr Beef Cube, Tumeric Powder, Soy Sauce & stir.
- Once the tomatoes are crushed… add in the Carrots. Stir & Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the green grams bit by bit. As you add the ndengu stir and mix evenly until all of them are in the sufuria.
- Add 2 cups of water and let it cook for 15-20 minutes. Keep checking & stirring to avoid the ndengus from sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning.
- Once the soup thickens.. Remove the stew from the stove and serve and Enjoy